Ok, now we configure for pidgin to connect Zing Chat.
1. First , we try to find out your ID number by your username. Type this web address on your browser. Choose you_nick you exactly your nick of Zing Chat.
It will return your ID number. You will use this ID number and password to login Zing Chat.
2. Next, download libqq.so and replace libqq.so on /usr/lib/purple-2/libqq.so .Don’t forget exit pidgin before copy libqq.so to /usr/lib/purple-2
mv /usr/lib/purple-2/libqq.so /usr/lib/purple-2/libqq.so.bk
cp libqq.so /usr/lib/purple-2
3. Ok, now restart pidgin. On QQ Options. Choose Select Server as image:
Hope you successful connect to Zing Chat server. keke
For GUI, you can install TextAloud, eSpeak. Here is instruction of install TextAloud by using wine.
eSpeak also support command line to read text but i can’t choose specific TTS engines with it :(.
Then i try using sapi2wav . Sapi2wav support reading from strings or text and output to wav file. But with neospeech TTS engines, output not good as i expected.
Finally, i found Say++. This tools quite simple, it’s allow read string from command line with default TTS engines. Voice quality quite good.
I try to change default TTS engine to Neospeech engine.
1. Try to find out list of TTS engine on Win$. Open regedit, go walk to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens. It will show you a list TTS engines.
2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices and edit key DefaultTokenId to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens\[TTS engines].
Latest Pidgin/Rhythmbox repository for Ubuntu
December 18th 2007 in Deb, Latest, Linux, Messenger, Open Source, Pidgin, Repository, Rhythmbox, Ubuntu, Uncategorized
Here is a repository i use on my gutsy install which always contains the latest builds of Pidgin and Rhythmbox. So no more hunting for debs or compiling sources 😀
Steps to add the repository:
1. Open Terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal)
2. Type “gksuÂ gedit /etc/apt/sources.list”
3. Go to the end of the file and add the following onto a new line:
## Latest Pidgin/Rhythmbox
deb http://www.telemail.fi/mlind/ubuntu gutsy main
4. Save the file and close Gedit.
5. Add the public key so that apt does not complain about any authentication errors (type into terminal):
wget http://www.telemail.fi/mlind/ubuntu/937215FF.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add –
6. Update your system (type in terminal)
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
7. Voila! You should now have the latest Pidgin and Rhythmbox!
mplayer -dumpstream vcd://N -dumpfile file.avi
I wrote a macro to get a link to add feed to Google Reader or Google Homepage.
I tested it in Kmeleon 1.5beta. I think it would be work on old version.
I share it here for you guys who are interested.
Here is my macro GApplication.kmm . Hoping useful for you guys.
Use: To use this macro, you have to turn off function Popup blocker or add exceptions rule to popup except http://www.google.com address.